GIA MIA FUNDRAISER : Wednesday, September 21st – Thursday, September 22nd
Tell them : “I’m Here for the Library!”
The Downers Grove Public Library Foundation has partnered with Gia Mia in Downers Grove for two days where your purchase of pizza (and more!) from the restaurant will go back to the library you love. For every order during Wednesday and Thursday, when you mention “I’m here for the library!” 20% of all sales will be donated to the Downers Grove Public Library.
Just as Gia Mia offers much more than pizza from their menu, the library offers so much more than books. Show your support for all that the library provides our community by dining out at Gia Mia on Wednesday, September 21st and Thursday, September 22nd. Not planning on dining out? You can donate with a click via the button below.
The Downers Grove Public Library Foundation funds extraordinary gifts, beyond taxpayer support, to inspire and engage ideas and strengthen the library as a cornerstone in our community. Gifts can be materials, programming, and/or services for greater community impact and outreach – here are some of the recent initiatives we are proud to support:
- an hourly stipend of fair pay for DGPL’s on-site social worker
- multiple pairs of Enchroma color blind glasses available for checkout
- the acquisition of local and nationally renowned art for public access and display
- support of a diverse array of library programs including book club bags, satellite stacks at area nursing homes, and expanded online offerings
- enhancing the library’s collections including a recent acquisition of an interactive nature themed play wall for the kid’s room
- financial backing to continue the library’s participation in ILP (Illinois Libraries Present), attracting high-profile authors in the vein of Nick Offerman, Jeff Tweedy, Michelle Zauner, Marlee Matlin and more