Support the Foundation’s Work on Giving Tuesday
The Downers Grove Public Library Foundation is participating in this year’s Giving Tuesday global generosity movement on November 29th.
Gifts from donors like you helped the Foundation fund the Library’s purchase of extraordinary gifts – including:
- the funding of a fair hourly stipend for DGPL’s on-site social worker
- the acquisition of local and nationally renowned art for public access and display
- support of a diverse array of library programs including continued participation in Illinois Libraries Present attracting high-profile authors
- the purchase of a nature-themed interactive play wall for the the kid’s room
- expanding the library’s existing World Language Collection which currently houses titles in Chinese, Polish, and Spanish to also include Korean language printed books
- and much more!
The Foundation has been proud to support initiatives that illustrate how the library is so much more than simply a repository for books, with extraordinary gifts taking the form of materials, programming and services for greater community impact, contributing to the Library’s mission of providing a safe space for all who walk through their doors.
*Image from 2022 programming sourced from www.illinoislibrariespresent.com.
Your donation on this Giving Tuesday will enable the Foundation to continue providing extraordinary enhancements beyond taxpayer support to the Library’s collections and offerings. It only takes a few clicks to make a lasting impact on the library you love.
The Foundation has high ambitions for the fiscal year ahead – from supporting the library’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, to helping expand programming offerings and making the Library’s public art offerings more accessible, your #GivingTuesday donation can help make these goals and future goals become reality.